The village is situated in the north-eastern part of the Hornád basin. The first written reference to the village is from the year 1311. In 1725 it became the main seat of the "Ten Spiš Lancers´ See". Thurzo´s noble gender hails from the village. The village is at the same time the birth place of J. Majkuta, famous by his landscape paintings.
RELICS: A Gothic church from the year 1309, Renaissance manor-house with Renaissance shields above the cornices from the year 1568 and a late Baroque manor-house from the second half of the 18-th century.
AVAILABLE SERVICES: camping site, private accommodation, a restaurant.
ACCESS: By bus from Poprad and from Spišská Nová Ves through Spišský Štvrtok and Hrabušice; by slow train with direction Žilina-Košice, get off at the railway station Vydrník (5km).